Girl or Boy.. these are some fun ways of guessing who’s gonna come out of your tummy!!
Finding it diffcult to wait for the pregnancy tenure to end and discover whether you are carrying a girl or a boy? Yes, most of us want to know as soon as possible whether it is going to be a boy or a girl. Welcome to the wonderful world of old wives’ tales gender prediction where you can take 15 easy and somewhat interesting tests to help you figure out if you’re having a boy or a girl. Whether you’re patiently awaiting the arrival of your little one or you’ve already had bub, come and see just how accurate these gender guessing tests really are. Therefore, here is the time to play ‘Guess the Gender’ with these 15 tests given below:
1. How’s your tummy holding up?- Vomiting, nauseous and spending half your days in the toilet. It’s a girl! Feeling okay? Then it’s a boy.
2. Check your hands- Dry, cracked and peeling like a snake? It’s a boy! Soft and smooth? It’s a girl!
3. What was bub’s heart rate?- When you had your dating scan you probably were allowed to listen to bub’s heart rate. If it was over 140 beats per minute (bpm) then it’s said you’re having a girl. If the bpm were less than 140, then it’s a boy.
5. Grab your breasts- Which one is bigger? If it’s the left, then legend suggests boy. If the right is a little larger, then it’s a girl.
6. Monitor date of conception- This one may actually have some truth to it (but, maybe not). Experts such as Dr. Shettles, suggests that if you had sex and conceived before ovulation, chances are it’s a girl. If you conceived on the day of ovulation or 48 hours after, then it’s a boy!
7. Look to the Mayans- The Mayans also have a gender prediction chart which uses the odd/even system to determine the sex. Check the year of conception (for example, 2016) with mum’s age at conception (32).
If both numbers are even or if both are odd, then it’s a girl. If one is even and one odd, then it’s a boy.
8. Check out the belly- Carrying low and out front? Then it’s a boy. Carrying high and all over? Then it’s a girl.
9. Do you have ‘The Glow’?- If so, then it’s a boy. If, instead of a fresh glow, you’re sweaty and covered in acne, then it’s suggested to be a girl.
10. Consider your sleeping situation- If you prefer to toss, turn and end up sleeping on your left side, then legend suggests it’s a boy. If you favour sleeping on your right side, then it’s a girl.
11. Think back to your sexy time position- You probably can’t pinpoint the exact moment you fell pregnant, especially if you were actively trying or simply like to have sex more than once a week.
But, if you can remember, Dr. Shettles suggests that doing it doggy style (or a position with deeper penetration) increases the odds of having a boy. If you conceived in missionary position, odds are it’s a girl!
12. Pee in a cup- Add a small amount of bicarb soda to the bottom. If the combination of urine and soda fizzles, then it’s a boy. If it doesn’t, then it’s a girl.
13. Pick up a key- Without thinking, pick up a key. Legend has it that if an expectant mum reaches for the top part of the key, it’s a girl. If mum grabs for the narrow part, it’s a boy.
14. Check which way your ring swings- Take off your wedding (or any other) ring and tie it to a piece of string or hair. Dangle the ring over your stomach while lying on your back and see which way it swings. If the ring swings back and forth (like a pendulum), then it’s a boy. If the ring swings in a circular motion, it’s a girl.